"Well regarded for their work handling some of the biggest technology disputes."
Henderson Chambers has expertise in all types of work conducted in the Technology and Construction Court, including major IT disputes, Cyber Crime, construction, environmental claims, procurement, professional negligence and property damage.
Chambers UK 2017 describes the team as “well regarded for their work handling some of the biggest technology disputes”. They note that Henderson Chambers’ expertise includes “the provision of major IT systems by suppliers, software licensing and contracts, and the technological aspects of engineering and construction projects”.
Chambers has been at the forefront of IT and technology law for decades. Indeed, members of chambers were involved in the first case to establish a distinct body of law relating to software quality disputes (St Albans DC v ICL  4 All ER 481 CA). Since then, members have been involved in a wide range of cases for clients including government departments, national agencies, local authorities, the emergency services, financial institutions, companies in the private sector, and hardware and software suppliers. Most recently, members been involved in several cutting-edge advancements of the law, including the first injunction served by Twitter, the first injunction to prevent the use of an illegal bit-torrent, and in relation to Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs). Chambers also has a busy and expanding practice in the field of information law and data protection.
In addition, Henderson Chambers has substantial experience in a range of construction and property damage disputes and related professional negligence claims. This includes matters arising out of fires, structural failures, explosions, water damage, ground movement and subsidence. The team has particular expertise in large multi-party claims, group actions and mass tort claims arising out of major incidents.
- Building, construction and engineering disputes
- Property Damage
- Claims arising out of fires and explosions
- Cyber Crime
- Environmental Issues, including all forms of pollution and reclamation
- Insurance disputes relating to construction, engineering and technology
- Nuisance claims relating to land use
- Professional negligence disputes relating to surveyors, architects, planning consultants, engineers, quantity surveyors, project managers and associated disciplines
- Emerging technologies, including driverless cars, drones and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin
- Claims relating to the design, supply and installation of computers and software
- Information law and data protection
- Public Procurement
Richard Mawrey KC
Call: 1964 Silk: 1986
Peter Susman KC
Call: 1966 Silk: 1997
Lawrence West KC
Call: 1979 Silk: 2003
Patrick Green KC
Call: 1990 Silk: 2012
Geraint Webb KC
Call: 1995 Silk: 2013
Oliver Campbell KC
Call: 1992 Silk: 2014
Malcolm Sheehan KC
Call: 1993 Silk: 2015
Toby Riley-Smith KC
Call: 1995 Silk: 2016
Kathleen Donnelly KC
Call: 2005 Silk: 2023