Harrison graduated from Oxford with a BA in jurisprudence, studying at Regent’s Park College, where he was also JCR President. He was then awarded a Distinction in the LLM at UCL and an Outstanding on the BPTC.
Prior to joining Chambers, Harrison worked at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in Moorgate as a corporate paralegal, undertaking a variety of tasks associated with the completion of mergers and acquisitions, as well as capital market deals.
Harrison is developing a practice across a broad range of Chambers’ specialisms and is equally content to act as junior to other members of Chambers or as sole counsel.
Harrison regularly advises on questions of contractual interpretation and litigation tactics in commercial matters more generally and welcomes all commercial instructions. Examples of recent commercial instructions include:
- Representing a defendant being pursued for breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Representing various claimants seeking to recover sums owed by virtue of unpaid invoices.
- Representing a defendant alleged to be in breach of a loan agreement where the damages exceeded £40,000.
- As junior to Oliver Campbell QC: advising a proposed defendant on questions of contractual interpretation in a potential claim relating to infrastructure damage.
- As junior to Prashant Popat QC: advising on an arbitration claim for damages for infrastructure damage and performance-related charges arising out of a major train derailment.
Harrison welcomes instructions in group actions. Examples of current and recent group action instructions include:
- The Seroxat Group Litigation (for GlaxoSmithKline): a Consumer Protection Act group action claim alleging discontinuation symptoms following the use of a leading antidepressant/anxiolytic.
- The Volkswagen NOx Emissions Litigation (for Volkswagen): claims arising out of vehicle emissions testing.
- AAA v Unilever (as a pupil): a claim brought by workers and visitors to a tea plantation in Kenya against the local Kenyan subsidiary and the English parent company.
Harrison also welcomes instructions relating to product liability. Examples of current and recent experience include:
- Advising (as junior to Geraint Webb QC) a major manufacturer of car parts in its claim for damages against its supplier. This ongoing case raises issues of jurisdiction, choice of law clauses and involves a “battle of the forms” dispute.
- Acting for GlaxoSmithKline (alongside Charles Gibson QC, Malcolm Sheehan QC, Andrew Kinnier QC, Adam Heppinstall and James Williams) in the Seroxat Group Litigation.
EU & Competition Law
Harrison has experience in competition law cases, recently acting on behalf of Japanese smart card chip producer Renesas in relation to a follow-on damages claim brought in the High Court by Vodafone in relation to a decision by the European Commission.
Harrison is regularly instructed in property disputes and has appeared frequently in the County Court. He has represented various housing associations and private landlords in possession proceedings and in obtaining injunctions for access to service gas appliances
Harrison has experienced a great deal of personal injury work during his time in Chambers, advising on both on liability and quantum, as well as frequently appearing in small claims and fast track trials.
Harrison has assisted with the provision of advice in relation to Judicial Review claims and welcomes instructions with a public law element.
Health & Safety
Harrison also welcomes health and safety instructions and recently acted as junior to James Purnell, advising a major manufacturer in its defence of a prosecution brought against it for alleged breaches of health and safety legislation.
Instructing Harrison Denner
If you require help or advice please contact our clerking team
Call +44 (0)20 7583 9020
- Government Legal Department, Junior Junior Scheme (30/05/2018 to 17/09/2022)
- Year of Call (2016)
- Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Health & Safety Lawyers’ Association
- BA, Oxon (Jurisprudence)
- LLM, UCL (Distinction)
- BPTC, University of Law (Outstanding)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Wolfson Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Performance Award, University of Law
- Ede & Ravenscroft Prize, University of Law
- Diploma in Music Performance (piano) ABRSM
- Orchestral and Choral Scholarships, St John’s College Cardiff
All members of Chambers are registered with the Bar Standards Board of England and Wales. For our standard contractual terms click here.
Bar Council Number: 67721
VAT Registration Number: 303105077
Legal Status: Barrister
Professional Insurance: All members of Chambers have professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Ltd. Territorial coverage is world-wide and subject to the term of the Bar Mutual. Click here for details.
Regulated by the Bar Standards Board.