Daniel has worked in barrister’s chambers since 1994 and joined Henderson Chambers in February 2014.
Daniel’s role, working closely with the Chambers Director is to lead and manage the clerking team, in all activities including client relationships, strategic business development both domestically and internationally. Practice management and career development for members of chambers and clerks, including parental leave. Daniel advises on the full spectrum of services within chambers and sits on all practice group committees including CSR and well-being.
As part of Chambers’ International practice, Daniel represented Henderson Chambers with colleagues at the IBA Annual Conference in Washington D.C. in September 2016.
Daniel is a member of the Institute of Barristers’ Clerks, Legal Practice Management Association, and the Health & Safety Lawyers Association.
Legal Directory recognition:
- Legal 500 2021:
“Daniel Kemp is one of the best clerks around. Responsive, knowledgeable and always helpful.”
“Daniel Kemp is well organised, approachable, proactive and good to work with.”
“Excellent: efficient and easy to deal with. Daniel Kemp is a star.”
- Chambers UK 2021: Client service:
– “The clerks bend over backwards. They never see a problem; they always look to have solutions and give you options.”Daniel Kemp is the senior practice manager.
– “The clerking team is supremely professional”.
– “The clerks really work with you and are part of the team, which is very important”.
- Legal 500 2020: “senior practice manager Daniel Kemp is an asset to the set”
In his spare time Daniel is an avid sports fan, particularly rugby union. Most weekends can be found engaged in his local community club as an RFU Level 2 qualified coach and referee, junior section Chair of Rugby and lead coach for a junior age group, as well regular playing appearances for the adult teams.