Daniel began his career as a barrister’s clerk in 1994 and joined Henderson Chambers in February 2014 as the Senior Practice Manager.
Daniel’s role, working closely with the Chief Clerk, is to lead and manage the clerking team, in all activities including members’ strategic practice management and career development, clerking team career development, client service and client relationship building, business development, and marketing initiatives both domestically and internationally.
Daniel can advise on the full spectrum of services within chambers, sits on practice group committees, has assisted to develop Chambers’ new website and GDPR compliance, and holds Government vetted “SC” security clearance valid until 15/03/2020.
As part of Chambers’ International practice, Daniel represented Henderson Chambers with colleagues at the IBA Annual Conference in Washington D.C. in September 2016.
Legal Directory recognition:
- the ‘down-to-earth’ clerks’ room ‘takes a commercial approach to fees’. Senior practice managers Daniel Kemp and Nick Bryant come highly recommended and are ‘always a pleasure to deal with’. The Legal 500 2018.
- ‘The clerking is very good and very commercial’. ‘The clerks are very responsive, and work as a team with the instructing solicitor’. Chambers UK 2018
- Senior practice manager Daniel Kemp also ‘provides excellent liaison’ and is ‘recommended’. The Legal 500, 2017
- ‘The clerks bend over backwards to maintain a relationship and to understand what’s going on in your litigation. They know who you know, who you’ve seen, they keep track of everything. They are very polished, slick and charming to deal with.’ Chambers UK 2017
- ‘Outstanding’ senior practice manager Daniel Kemp ‘goes the extra mile’. Legal 500 2016
- “team includes the ‘excellent’ Daniel Kemp. Together, they make up ‘an impeccable clerking team’, hailed as ‘a class act’.” Legal 500 2015
- Institute of Barristers’ Clerks (IBC)
- Legal Practice Management Association (LPMA)