Daniel began his career as a barristers’ clerk in 1994 and joined Henderson Chambers in February 2014.
Daniel’s role, working closely with the Chambers Director is to lead and manage the clerking team, in all activities including marketing, client relationships, strategic business development both domestically and internationally. Practice management and career development for members of chambers and clerks, including parental leave. Daniel advises on the full spectrum of services within chambers and sits on all practice group committees including CSR and well-being.
He has been consistently described in the legal directories for his client friendly approach:
- “Also praised is senior practice manager Daniel Kemp, who “does a first-class job.”
- “Daniel Kemp is one of the best clerks around. Responsive, knowledgeable and always helpful”
- “Daniel Kemp is well organised, approachable, proactive and good to work with.”
- “Excellent: efficient and easy to deal with. Daniel Kemp is a star.”
- ‘Daniel Kemp remains one of the best Clerks out there. Really knows his onions. works fantastically well with his barristers and his clients. A driving force behind the success of Henderson Chambers.’
- “senior practice manager Daniel Kemp is an asset to the set”
Daniel is a member of the Institute of Barristers’ Clerks, the Legal Practice Management Association and completed the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Professional Certificate in Marketing course. Outside of work Daniel has a keen interest in most sport, with a strong focus on male & female rugby union at a local grassroots rugby club including his roles as chair of girls & boys youth rugby, an RFU qualified coach and referee, and senior player.