Daniel has worked in barrister’s chambers since 1994 and joined Henderson Chambers in February 2014.
Daniel’s role, working closely with the Chambers Director is to lead and manage the clerking team, in all activities including client relationships, strategic business development both domestically and internationally. Practice management and career development for members of chambers and clerks, including parental leave. Daniel advises on the full spectrum of services within chambers and sits on all practice group committees including CSR and well-being.
As part of Chambers’ International practice, Daniel represented Henderson Chambers with colleagues at the IBA Annual Conference in Washington D.C. in September 2016.
Daniel is a member of the Institute of Barristers’ Clerks, Legal Practice Management Association, and the Health & Safety Lawyers Association.
Legal Directory recognition:
- “The clerks always bend over backwards to help, Daniel Kemp is senior practice manager”. Chambers UK 2020.
- “senior practice manager Daniel Kemp is an asset to the set” . The Legal 500 2020.
- the ‘down-to-earth’ clerks’ room ‘takes a commercial approach to fees’. Senior practice managers Daniel Kemp and Nick Bryant come highly recommended and are ‘always a pleasure to deal with’. The Legal 500 2018.
- ‘The clerking is very good and very commercial’. ‘The clerks are very responsive, and work as a team with the instructing solicitor’. Chambers UK 2018
- Senior practice manager Daniel Kemp also ‘provides excellent liaison’ and is ‘recommended’. The Legal 500, 2017
- ‘The clerks bend over backwards to maintain a relationship and to understand what’s going on in your litigation. They know who you know, who you’ve seen, they keep track of everything. They are very polished, slick and charming to deal with.’ Chambers UK 2017
- ‘Outstanding’ senior practice manager Daniel Kemp ‘goes the extra mile’. Legal 500 2016
- “team includes the ‘excellent’ Daniel Kemp. Together, they make up ‘an impeccable clerking team’, hailed as ‘a class act’.” Legal 500 2015