Members of Henderson Chambers have extensive experience in both international and domestic arbitration. We routinely act in significant disputes using institutions including the ICC, LCIA, SCC, ICSID and under a broad range of further rules of procedure.
Our team includes members who sit as arbitrators, leaders in the field recognised by legal directories, and those with a background working in the arbitration teams of leading law firms or with arbitral institutions.
In recent years, our members have appeared in high profile arbitration related court proceedings, such as in the contested enforcement of an ICSID award in Micula v Republic of Romania and in the much publicised challenge to an arbitral decision on grounds of serious irregularity in Secretary of State v Raytheon Systems.
Our members routinely represent and advise clients in arbitral disputes in the market sectors in which Henderson Chambers is traditionally regarded as pre-eminent, such as in product liability, insurance, international supply chains, and IT and telecommunications disputes.
Our work includes the full range of associated court proceedings including for relief in support of arbitral proceedings and anti-suit injunctions.
Our expertise includes:
- Domestic and international commercial arbitration, conducted ad hoc or pursuant to the full range of institutional and other rules of procedure
- Bilateral and multilateral investment treaty arbitration
- Insurance coverage and policy disputes, including Bermuda form policies
- Disputes arising from the award of high value public contracts, including in the IT and telecommunications sectors
- Anti-suit injunctions and relief in support of arbitrations
- Enforcement of and challenges to arbitral awards
- Appointments to act as arbitrators and expert witnesses in arbitration
Charles Gibson QC
Call: 1984 Silk: 2001
Peter Susman QC
Call: 1966 Silk: 1997
Prashant Popat QC
Call: 1992 Silk: 2008
Patrick Green QC
Call: 1990 Silk: 2012
Geraint Webb QC
Call: 1995 Silk: 2013
Oliver Campbell QC
Call: 1992 Silk: 2014
Malcolm Sheehan QC
Call: 1993 Silk: 2015
Call: 2007 (Solicitor: 2000-7)
Call: 2010 (Solicitor: 2008)
Dr Obioma Ofoego
Reanne MacKenzie (Third Six Pupil)