IMPORTANT NOTICE – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Henderson Chambers continues to monitor closely the situation and is following all relevant advice to ensure that we are ready to adapt to the latest guidance. Our priority is the health and well-being of all our clients, members of chambers, staff and their families.
We wish to assure you that we have introduced temporary precautions to ensure that we comply with the latest government advice. Our business continuity plan has already been activated and we are moving to stage 2 of that plan.
Temporary closure of chambers
Our premises in the Temple are temporarily closed from Tuesday 24 March 2020 until further notice, but we remain fully operational and can reassure all our clients that our aim in these unprecedented times is to continue to provide our usual high-quality service.
- We are working remotely and fully operational.
- The vast majority of both members of chambers and staff have already been working remotely from home, making use of secure IT systems and advanced technology to ensure that we remain fully operational.
- Where appropriate, members of chambers are able to organise court hearings and conferences via telephone or by video using appropriate video conferencing facilities in accordance with the Lord Chief Justice’s Guidance.
- For conferences and meetings that will now not take place in person, we are encouraging telephone and video conferencing instead.
- Our switchboard remains open and our core business hours are 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Reception will continue to answer all calls made to our main telephone number on 020 7583 9020.
- Please send instructions and documents electronically. Where hard copies have to be sent, please liaise in advance with the relevant clerk. Please do not send papers to Chambers.
- Our clerking team are available via the usual contact methods and at email@example.com
If you have any questions or to discuss arrangements for remote conferences or specific arrangements for getting papers to our barristers, please do not hesitate to contact us:
We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this notice as information changes.
We thank you for your continued support and wish you all well during these difficult times.